Family Ties

Family ties can be applied for:

  • When the father or mother are parents of a minor with Spanish nationality, as long as the applicant parent is in charge of the minor or is fully aware of the obligations with regard to the minor.
  • When the spouse or recognised civil partner is of Spanish nationality: It also applies to dependent ascendants older than 65 years of age or dependent minors younger than 21 years of age or dependants older than this who are dependent on a person of Spanish nationality or their spouse or civil partner.
  • In the case of having dependants and living with a disabled person of Spanish nationality.
  • In the case of sons or daughters of parents who were originally Spanish.


It should be applied for at the Office for Foreign Nationals.