In order to improve the services provided to cruise passengers, Bilbao Port Authority has built two maritime stations:
Getxo 1 and 2 - Passengers Maritime Station, measuring 1,400 sq.m. fittet with two baggage drop-off and pick-up areas, a check-in area, a tourist information office, waiting room and toilets.
Getxo 3 - Passengers Maritime Station, measuring fifteen meters high and 3,200 useful sq.m..
Getxo 3 Passengers Maritime Station
The new cruise terminal will be 15 metres high and will have an area of 3,200 usable square metres: it has been conceived as a great rectangular glass container, light in form and bright, protected by a light zinc roof with six skylights to give the impression of even more brightness: it slants to a close, which makes it more dynamic in appearance.
The design has been carried out after an exhaustive study and analysis of the functional demands of this type of building.
Special attention has been given to the data provided by the major cruise operating companies, to international vessel safety and security norms in addition to the references from the best terminals in the world. In the choice of materials functionality, durability, easy maintenance as well as safety have been the keynote.
All this means that the first impression that visitors get is of a modern, dynamic, warm and friendly building like the society that welcomes them. This, together with the high standards of quality and maritime safety that have been applied means that this terminal will be at the forefront of those in Europe.
Port Authority of Bilbao Archive.
Where to have breakfast
If you would like to enjoy a pleasant breakfast when you reach Getxo, these are some of the places you can go.
From 6:30h in the morning
Rio Cafe, Zubiko enparantza, 3
Glass Grill Urbano, Mayor, 33
Baserri, Telletxe, 3
- La Kazuela, Mayor 17
- Jai Alai, Ibaiondo 2
Hotel Petit Palace Tamarises (saturdays and sundays from 08.00h).
- Hotel Embarcadero, Av Zugatzarte, 51
- Amatxo Maitea: Andrés Larrazabal, 3
- Ganeta Berri, Ganeta 1
- Lemona, Mayor
- Areeta Plaza, Mayor 28
- Norte, Mayor 33 (entry by Arlamendi) (saturdays and sundays from 10.30h)
- Cosmopolita: Andrés Larrazabal , 8
- Burdinola, Av Basagoiti 75
- Sustrai, Av Basagoiti, 71
- Pipper´s, Av Basagoiti, 47
- Skipper´s, Puerto Deportivo
- Cabo Matxitxako, Puerto deportivo
- Igeretxe, Muelle Ereaga,, 3
- Ilunabar, Tamarindo 8
- Pianamul, Escuelas, 3
From 9:00 h
- La Despensa, Mayor, 31
- Bizargorri, Puerto deportivo
- El faro, Puerto deportivo
- Silver´s Tavern, Puerto deportivo
- Aker, Arlamendi, 1
- Parrillas del Mar (13.00-16.00 - 20.00-23.00)
- Iturrizaga Jatetxea (11.30-16.00 20.00-23.00)
- Edificio Getxo Plaza (12.00-23.00)
- Cervecera El Puerto (12.00-23.00)
- Petit Palace Tamarises: (07.30-.10.30) (08.00-11.00 saturday and sunday)
- Igeretxe: Everyday from 08.30
- Tamarises Bistrot: Everyday from 10.30
- La Terraza: Everyday from 11.00.
- La Ola: From 12.00h
- Old Harbour: From 10.00h
Where to have lunch
Taxis at the terminal
Our service is not only limited to ordinary transfers from the Port to the airport, or to the nearest metro stop or railway station.
With Radiotaxi Getxo, you can enjoy an audio-guided tour in Spanish, Euskera, English or French, of the most emblematic spots in Getxo (localisation of the Bilbao Port cruise liner quay) or in the nearby Bilbao and other longer trips at truly interesting prices: From iconic Gernika to romantic San Sebastian with its Belle Epoque style, or take a stroll through vineyards, reaching as far as Laguardia. We even take in pilgrimage sites like the nearby sanctuary of the Virgin Mary inLourdes. All this and much, much more, if you wish, you can do on board our carefully attended taxis.
Other interesting information
If you wish to obtain detailed information about the weather forecast or the traffic situation in the Basque Country, please view these pages.